REDA Water offers multiple water treatment and management solutions for the mining industry. These service-oriented solutions are designed to optimize the water utilities and water management to grant smooth and effective operations. The serviced minings include:
- Gold Mining
- Phosphorous Mining
- Metals Mining
There are mainly four types of mining described below according to the Americal Geosciences Institute (AGI):
- Underground mines are more expensive and are often used to reach deeper deposits.
- Surface mines are typically used for more shallow and less valuable deposits.
- Placer mining is used to sift out valuable metals from sediments in river channels, beach sands, or other environments.
- In-situ mining, which is primarily used in mining uranium, involves dissolving the mineral resource in place then processing it at the surface without moving rock from the ground.
The method used depends on the type of mineral resource that is mined, its location at or beneath the surface, and whether the resource is worth enough money to justify extracting it. Each mining method also has varying degrees of impact on the surrounding landscape and environment.
Water is considered a core material in the mining industry either as a feedstock or as a cooling/washing medium in processes. Multiple water facilities and technologies are also involved in mining complexes such as:
- Filtration Systems
- Wastewater Treatment Plants (WWTP)
- Steam Generation Systems (Boilers)
- Cooling Systems (Closed – Opened)
- Flotation and Flocculation Systems
- Potable Water Facilities
REDA Water offers diversified water treatment solutions for the above systems which have benefits that can be reflected on process operation and efficiency in terms of:
- Smooth & Enhanced Productivity
- Longer operational life of facilities
- Eliminate Production Stoppages
- Minimizing water operational costs
- Minimize Maintenance costs
- Optimizing System’s Performance KPIs
- Improve Chemical Safety Practices
- Technical Training about Water Facilities
In addition to the above, REDA Water team can support clients in the daily operational activities of the mining industry. Through a complete portfolio of specialty chemical ZenTreat® and equipment solutions, REDA can provide chemical solutions for the systems:
- Chemicals for Open and Closed Cooling Systems
- Chemical for Boilers (Lp – MP – HP)
- Chemicals for Demineralization and Desalination Plants
- Chemicals for Industrial Cleaning Applications
- Process Chemicals for Chemical Manufacturing (dispersants – scale inhibitors – defoamers)
- Chemicals for Process Water (clarification – flotation)
- Chemicals for Industrial WWTP
- Automatic Dosing Systems for Chemicals Injection
- Filtration Units
These solutions are associated with on-site services, water analysis, dosing units, and field chemical optimization to ensure minimal amounts of chemicals are injected with minimal water losses.
Finally, don’t hesitate to Contact Us for any inquiry related to water treatments of mining facilities, or if you are interested to build a partnership with REDA Water team to improve the overall water management in your plant.
- ZenTreat Chemical Solutions for Swimming Pools
- REDA Launches ZenTreat W Group of Chemicals
- REDA Launches ZenTreat S Group of Chemicals
- REDA Launches ZenTreat D Group of Chemicals
- REDA Launches ZenTreat C Group of Chemicals
- REDA Launches ZenTreat B Group of Chemicals
- REDA Launches ZenTreat A Group of Chemicals